Funds and Fiduciary Services
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands based Attorney to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
This role will be part of the Maples Group internal legal department, reporting to the Maples Group Assistant General Counsel, providing professional legal support to Maples businesses globally.
Key duties will include:
- generating, reviewing and negotiating client contracts for various Maples Group entities;
- acting as the primary point of contact with Maples business professionals in connection with the negotiation and execution of client contracts;
- reviewing and negotiating third party service agreements to be entered into by the Maples group;
- conducting legal research regarding new developments and regulatory issues related to the business;
- staying appraised of regulatory developments in jurisdictions relevant to Maples' business; and
- additional tasks as required.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate should:
- be a university graduate with an excellent academic background;
- be qualified to practice law in the Cayman Islands;
- have at least 3 years relevant legal experience in corporate or funds law, preferably with experience relating to structured finance transactions and/or investment funds; and
- have demonstrable knowledge of legal contracts and have experience with drafting, reviewing and responding to comments to contracts, leading negotiations and successfully closing transactions.
Key skills for this role are as follows:
- superb attention to detail, professionalism, excellent organizational skills, and a team-first mentality;
- be a self-starter with the ability to handle a complex and diverse workload;
- strong drafting, critical thinking and communication skills;
- sound working knowledge of all Windows applications;
- experience with relationship management and client service; and
- excellent time management, organizational, prioritization and communication skills, both verbal and written (fluent written and oral English).
The successful candidate must be able to use his/her own initiative, work well under pressure to meet deadlines and be able to maintain confidentiality at all times. The Successful candidate may be required to work extended hours on short notice and occasionally on weekends.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
31 August 2021