ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - CLIENT ACCOUNTING
Position: Assistant Vice President – Client Accounting
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands - based Assistant Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
Primary responsibilities include:
- Will be responsible for providing accounting, financial reporting and administration services to a variety of financial services clients, including structured finance vehicles, trusts, investment funds and insurance entities.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the successful candidate will have:
- Successful candidate(s) will have a university degree, preferably in economics, accounting, finance or business administration;
- Will have completed an internationally recognised accounting designation (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent) and have a minimum of 2 years’ post-qualification experience with a top tier accounting and audit firm, and during such time provided services to clients primarily in the financial services industry;
- Candidates must have a solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS;
- Experience in a role primarily providing accounting and/or financial statement compilation services is preferred;
- Good working knowledge of CaseWare and experience with an investment bank, trust services company, insurance manager, investment manager or fund administrator will be an advantage;
- Will be expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Will require liaising with fund administrators, directors, trustees, senior bankers, investment managers and lawyers;
- An ability to work independently to produce a large volume of financial statements within a limited time frame is essential;
- Overtime and an ability to meet deadlines will be required.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events