ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT– FUND ACCOUNTING
Position: Assistant Vice President –Fund Accounting
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands-based Assistant Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President’s tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of hedge fund and private equity clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- The preparation and review of complex net asset valuations (NAV’s);
- Involvement in all client-related administrative functions, as well as liaising with directors, lawyers, investment managers, prime brokers and other transaction counterparties in various international jurisdictions;
- Will deliver high levels of client service, while ensuring that each relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the successful candidate will have:
- Will be a graduate with an excellent academic background and have a professional accounting designation with two years’ post-qualification relevant experience in a similar role, and at a similar level.
- If a professional designation is not held, five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Key skills required for this role include having a detailed understanding of investment securities, investment transactions and internationally recognised accounting policies.
- Candidates must have direct experience working with industry leading accounting software systems (preference will be given to candidates who have a working knowledge of Advent Geneva and FIS Investran).
- He/she must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
7 December 2021