ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT– REGULATORY SERVICES
Funds and Fiduciary Services
Position: Assistant Vice President – Regulatory Services
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add an Assistant Vice President, Regulatory Services , to our team in Grand Cayman and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President – Regulatory Services supports the Regulatory Services team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: assist in the provision of regulatory services to our clients, primarily in AIFMD, FATCA, and CRS, CbCR and Economic Substance related services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with the provision of AIFMD depositary lite services to a portfolio of clients. This involves cashflow monitoring, safekeeping and oversight including regular review of financial accounts, work papers, underlying transactions and adherence to fund rules, policies and procedures;
- Be involved in the provision of FATCA and CRS, CbCR and Economic services, including the collection and review of documentation for the on-boarding, classification and remediation of account holders in accordance with FATCA and CRS standards, and preparation and submission of FATCA, CRS, CbCR and Economic Substance registrations and annual filings; and
- Liaise with clients, investors, investment managers and other third parties in various international jurisdictions.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the successful candidate will have:
- The successful candidate will be a university graduate, with an accounting or finance professional designation, an excellent academic background, and at least three years’ relevant experience in fund administration or audit in the investment funds industry. A background in fiduciary services in the investment funds industry may be considered;
- The candidate must also have a good understanding of FATCA, CRS, CbCR, Economic Substance and AIFMD regulatory requirements;
- Experience in working with account holder due diligence and reporting requirements for reporting financial institutions under FATCA and CRS is preferred;
- The successful applicant will have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications, with advanced Excel and data management skills;
- He/she will have strong analytical skills, with the ability to read and interpret documentation in line with specific requirements;
In addition, he/she will have the ability to use initiative, be self-motivated and able to work independently, and work well under pressure to complete high volumes of work under tight deadlines;
This post requires attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency, ability to multi-task and excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills;
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to adhere to policies and procedures.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events