VICE PRESIDENT - COMPLIANCE SERVICES
Position: Vice President - Compliance Services
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands-based Vice President to our Compliance Services team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
This role will be part of the Maples Group.
Key duties will also include:
- Overseeing the implementation of effective AML and Know Your Customer (“KYC”) programs for Compliance Services clients;
- Providing advice, guidance and technical assistance on Cayman Islands AML and Know Your Customer (“KYC”) related issues; and
- Providing ongoing AML reports to external parties such as boards of directors and investment fund operators.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, The ideal candidate:
- Will hold a recognized AML related qualification at diploma level or above (or equivalent);
- Will have a successful track record of applying in-depth knowledge of Cayman Islands AML legislation and over 5 years related industry experience within a financial services environment;
- A sound, demonstrable knowledge of the Cayman Islands investment fund industry is required.
- Superb attention to detail, professionalism, excellent organizational skills, and a team-first mentality;
- Be a self-starter with the ability to handle a complex and diverse workload;
- Sound working knowledge of all Windows applications;
- Experience with relationship management and client service;
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization and communication skills, both verbal and written (fluent written and oral English).
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational and should be comfortable interacting with professionals at all levels in the organization.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
24 October 2021