VICE PRESIDENT– FUND ACCOUNTING
Position: Vice President – Fund Accounting
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands – based Vice President – Fund Accounting to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Vice President will be responsible for the review of complex net asset valuations and overall management of a portfolio of hedge fund clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Involvement in all client related administrative functions and liaising with lawyers, investment managers, prime brokers and other transaction counterparties in various international jurisdictions;
- Managing and mentoring a team of staff,
- Deliver high levels of client service, ensuring that each relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the successful candidate will have:
- A University graduate with an excellent academic background and will have a professional accounting designation or a post graduate degree in an accounting or finance related field;
- At least five years of post-qualification relevant experience in investment fund accounting;
- Consideration may also be given to candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance related field with at least eight years experience in fund administration;
- Detailed understanding of investment securities and transactions and internationally recognised accounting policies;
- Preference will also be given to candidates who have direct experience working with industry leading accounting software systems, Advent Geneva and SunGard Investran;
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience in managing a team.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
30 January 2022