JUNIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Position: Junior Business Analyst
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman, Junior Business Analyst to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Junior Business Analyst is involved with in-house software development, design and implementation of technology-enabled process and IT reengineering initiatives that drive operational efficiencies and provide new sources of competitive advantage for the Maples Group. Maples Technology is a small dynamic team, and you will contribute to multiple projects within the Entity Services Group, ranging from project initiation to development, implementation and operational handover.
Using Agile Business Analysis techniques as your foundation you will be responsible for providing user stories, mock-up UI, sequence and class diagrams that best describe the needs of the customer and the business. In the role, you will demonstrate strong organisational skills and bring industry expertise to bear, leveraging business and technical knowledge to support strategy and deliver value. Using a combination of strong business understanding, solid analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent requirements elicitation, interviewing and facilitation techniques, you will undertake discovery and conceptual design work and translate business needs into solutions. You will play an integral part in building and enhancing the business requirements prior to development and ensuring that that they are supported by the appropriate change in the business.
This role requires attention to detail, professionalism, excellent oral and written communications skills and good organisational and presentation skills. The Junior Business Analyst must be able to use their own initiative and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Collect and document business requirements for project and process improvement/automation efforts
- Work with the business to build, refine and help to prioritize the Product Backlog
- Work with the business and technical team to create business deliverables such as user stories, mock-up UI, sequence and class diagrams and entity models
- Assist with the delivery of business change and process improvement.
- Facilitate process workflow modeling in order to collaborate on process improvements, automation capabilities and clearly defined end-to-end use cases
- Facilitate process workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with users
- Translate business objectives and requirements into functional and system specifications.
- Develop strong relationships with business and technical stakeholders. Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability
- Work with the business to analyze, design and develop/configure workflows to meet their needs using existing software functionality
- Collaborate with business and IT teams to design new work processes, resolve issues, and develop business/client friendly solutions
- Support client adoption of new processes or workflows by creating user documentation, preparing communications and conducting end-user training where appropriate
- Report and escalates issues as required
- Act in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with policies and procedures.
- Contribute to ongoing development of the Business Analysis function, including internal processes, documentation and modelling.
What You Bring
- Completed, or working towards, appropriate analysis training/qualifications, including Agile Business Analysis (BCS/ISEB diploma, IIBA certification).
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree preferred plus 3 - 5 years’ experience as a Junior Business Analyst, or similar, working on transformation projects in a financial or legal environment.
- Scrum certification would be an advantage.
- Strong people and communication skills (written, verbal and presentations to groups).
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders globally.
- Has worked in and feels comfortable with international, virtual, multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, and high performance teams.
- Competent ability to deliver under pressure and respond to a changing environment.
- Experience working remotely participating in meetings and workshops using video conferencing technology.
- Experience reviewing and examining business processes and systems, modeling data and organizing activities.
- Demonstrate a high level of quality in work product, including diligence and detail oriented analysis and precision in statements made.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand user journeys and build them into future process enhancements.
- Ability to switch direction based on changes to business priorities e.g. regulatory changes, resource constraints, urgent escalation requests.
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Word.
- Experience with Agile systems such as Confluence and Azure.
- Experience with SQL and reporting preferred.
Training will be on going based on individual and the firm’s needs and changes to any relevant local laws ensuring compliance at all times.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Ugland House, South Church Street, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
It is Maples’ standard policy to undertake background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. We will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Job offer decisions are made on a case by case basis and will take certain factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with Maples before a decision is made.