Position: Project Manager
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman, Project Manager to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the PMO team working with internal and external users to deliver new solutions and updates to existing systems to drive new business value.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, lead and execute IT projects. This includes coordinating team members, internal resources and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver business change.
Reporting to the Head of Program and Portfolio Management the ideal candidate must work across the organization and be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, and escalate as necessary.
The candidate will work closely with the cross functional teams, communicate the needs and priorities, and also work with key stake holders to ensure expectations are managed, and the project delivered to satisfaction.
We’re looking for well-rounded individuals with a technical background and project management experience.
- Deliver the Maples vision through well defined, managed and delivered project as part of a cross company PMO function;
Project Planning and Management
- Managing both large and small technology projects lifecycle using appropriate methodologies (waterfall, agile etc.);
- Agree and document project scope with business colleagues, product owners and delivery teams;
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings, keeping teams focused on committed outcomes.
- Report project progress, issues, and risks through status reports for IT and Business management teams.
- Manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans;
- Managing multiple work streams in parallel;
- Manages agendas, meeting notes, status reports, proposals, colleague communications and business colleague presentation materials
- Facilitates lessons learned / retrospective sessions and provides/implements process improvement
Team Management / Team Building
- Monitor, coach, and mentor the application development agile team for software development.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments,
- Removing roadblocks to their work;
- Leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work;
- Contribute to the delivery of end-to-end solutions by drawing from a background across multiple disciplines including architecture, infrastructure, testing, business analysis, and project management knowledge.
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Engages with and influence stakeholder groups at a senior management level with the purpose of implementing identified solutions, prioritizing requirements and ensuring that the necessary resources are in place to support business requirements.
- Engages with colleagues to prioritize change, conduct impact assessments, and push back on change requests as necessary;
Process Management and Improvement
- Contribute to defining and operating a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for the PMO.
- Contribute to the vision, mission and goals of the PMO.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- Plus 3 years’ experience as an IT Project Manager delivering a wide variety of infrastructure / operational / software projects.
- Strong familiarity with agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Good knowledge of IT Infrastructure / Operations
- Have a good knowledge with ITIL and other IT service management methodologies
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct users and teams
- Excellent presentation skills
- PRINCE 2 / PMP Certification or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a law firm or other professional service industry
Training will be on going based on individual and the firm’s needs and changes to any relevant local laws ensuring compliance at all times.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Ugland House, South Church Street, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
It is Maples’ standard policy to undertake background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. We will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Job offer decisions are made on a case by case basis and will take certain factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with Maples before a decision is made.