[EDIT: JOB TITLE]
[EDIT: Top Tier Service]
Position: [EDIT: Job Title]
Location: [EDIT: Location]
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
[EDIT: The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland- based Assistant Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.]
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
[EDIT: The Assistant Vice President reports to Vice President and/or Senior Vice President and supports the Client Accounting department. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: will be responsible for the daily administration of a portfolio of Irish, UK and Jersey SPV’s. Primary responsibilities include:
- processing day-to-day accounting transactions, reconciling bank and broker positions, preparing monthly management accounts and annual financial statements under Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS, audit liaison and client relationship management;
- will also be responsible for ensuring any tax filings, regulatory and ad-hoc reporting is completed in accordance with regulatory and deal requirements;
- additionally, will be required to deliver high levels of client service, while ensuring that each relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures.]
What You Bring
[EDIT: In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- The successful candidate will hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), ideally gained in financial services with 1-2 years' post-qualified experience;
- Prior experience in a similar role (in a corporate administrator or lessor) would be a distinct advantage;
- However, candidates from a Big 4 background with exposure to financial services will also be strongly considered;
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, GAAP and financial and regulatory reporting requirements.]
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Ugland House, South Church Street, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
Please note: Maples’ standard policy to undertake various background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. Maples will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record, it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Maples will make all job offer decisions on a case by case basis and will take a number of factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with Maples before a decision is made.