Funds and Fiduciary Services
Position: Payroll Manager (Global Role)
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands-based Payroll Manager to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
This role will be part of the Maples Group and will report to the HR Shared Services Director and provide end-to-end payroll support to all Maples offices as part of the global HR team.
The payroll manager will be in charge of payroll inputs – new hires, terminations, salary changes. They will review and approve payroll reports and reconcile them against the payroll inputs.
Key duties will also include:
- run payroll reports and coordinate statutory and third-party payments related to payroll items and deductions through the internal Finance team and/or appointed payroll vendor;
- partner with key internal stakeholders to create and deliver on the operational strategy for payroll;
- drive global process optimisation and standardisation to scale the operations, while balancing the business for flexibility; and
- work effectively as change agent and drive continuous process improvement, results on key performance areas for payroll metrics and issue management process.
The Maples HR team is transitioning to a global HR Shared Service model. The Payroll Manager position will play a key role in centralising global payroll, and implementing a global payroll system. This includes establishing workflows and policies for a global team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to participate in the development and implementation of a new payroll system and gain global payroll exposure.
This role will also help oversee compensation and benefits administration processes supported by the HR Shared Services team.
Experience communicating with and managing payroll for multiple countries is a plus. They will also be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the successful candidate will have:
- a Bachelors’ degree in a related field and a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role;
- have experience communicating with and managing payroll for multiple countries along with developing policies for the payroll function across multiple jurisdictions; and
- he/she will have experience with supervision of remote administrative teams.
- superb attention to detail, professionalism, excellent organizational skills, and a team-first mentality;
- be a self-starter with the ability to handle a complex and diverse workload;
- strong critical thinking and communication skills;
- sound working knowledge of all Windows applications;
- experience with relationship management and client service; and
- excellent time management, organizational, prioritization and communication skills, both verbal and written (fluent written and oral English).
The successful candidate must be able to use his/her own initiative, work well under pressure to meet deadlines and be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
4 October 2021