Applications Support Analyst
Position: Applications Support Analyst
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Applications Support Analyst will provide operational support for the collection of internally developed applications within the Maples Group. They will be responsible for managing the escalated support queue for these products on a day to day basis.
Our internal clients expect prompt and professional service and this is a demanding role that requires someone able to debug and resolve issues with existing systems, to deliver excellent customer service and provide end-to-end ownership of issues escalated by the IT Service Desk to a successful resolution. Primary responsibilities include:
- Monitors and responds to support requests/issues escalated by the IT Service Desk from the user base.
- Accountable for meeting core service related KPIs and metrics.
- Proactively identifies system enhancements that will maintain reliability and improve performance.
- Identifies priority support cases and communicates timelines to the business.
- Diagnose and resolve software defects and escalate issues when required.
- Reduce escalation of issues through documentation and knowledge handover to the IT Service Desk where possible
- Creates knowledge-based articles documenting resolutions to problems.
- Ensure customer service levels and expectations are met.
- Works with the Engineering Teams to manage escalated tickets through to a successful resolution.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Technical mindset with strong knowledge of commonly used technologies and development methods. SQL and C# at a high level of competency.
- Experience using source/version control software. TFS or Azure DevOps desirable.
- Familiarity with web debugging software such as Fiddler, or Browser-based tools/addons
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues, investigate and then resolve problems.
- The ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision while maintaining organisation and preserving strict confidentiality of all information
- Able to demonstrate exceptional customer service and interact in a professional manner with various functions and levels within the group.
- Knowledge of and experience working in professional services environments. Experience of law firm processes, policies and procedures, and legal IT product market knowledge strongly preferred.
Please note that it is Maples’ standard policy to undertake various background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. Maples will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Maples will make all job offer decisions on a case by case basis and will take a number of factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
5th Floor, 14 King Street, Leeds, LS1 2HL, West Yorkshire, England
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
Pre-employment background screening
Please note that it is Maples’ standard policy to undertake various background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. Maples will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Maples will make all job offer decisions on a case by case basis and will take a number of factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with Maples before a decision is made. For an explanation of how we handle your personal data submitted for positions with one of our European entities, please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.