GROUP COMPANY SECRETARY AND GOVERNANCE
Position: Group Company Secretary and Governance
Location: London, England
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a London based Group Company Secretary to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Group Company Secretary reports to the General Counsel and is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the corporate books and records for the Maples Group entities.
The responsibilities also include:
- Oversight of the entities' regulatory and statutory obligations; and
- A high degree of independence, responsibility and accountability and will require liaison with a network of stakeholders across all offices.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Effective communication, a high degree of attention to detail and responsiveness will be critical to the role.
- A graduate with an excellent academic background and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a company secretarial role supporting a large portfolio of entities and with specific experience supporting regulated entities across a wide range of jurisdictions.
- The candidate should have a legal background or company secretarial qualification.
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively across multiple jurisdictions, strong risk awareness, and the ability to credibly manage and influence multiple stakeholders at senior levels across the group.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice which is available here.
200 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HD, England
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
13 September 2021