Position: Corporate Assistant
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg-based Senior Client Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Corporate Assistant, within MFX, reports directly to the Team Leader of her/his Fiduciary Director’s team and indirectly to the Senior Vice President of the Fiduciary Directors’ Department and/or the Head of Fiduciary Services. The Corporate Assistant’s primary focus is the good corporate administration needed during the life cycle of a company from incorporation to liquidation. As such, the Corporate Assistant is responsible for undertaking administrative, secretarial and payments tasks related to the day-to-day management of the client companies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the printing, the execution, the scanning and the proper filing (electronically and physically) of any document;
- Together with the Director Vice-President, the Director Assistant Vice-President and the Corporate Administrator, setting up the files, organising the documentation for the compliance file and legal files;
- Collecting and dispatching incoming and outgoing mails (documents, mails, faxes, DHL…) to the relevant persons of his/her Fiduciary Director’s team;
- Preparing correspondence for clients by drafting letter(s), putting /them in correct and professional standing;
- Taking up phone calls in case of absence/occupation of the relevant persons of his/her Fiduciary Director’s team, taking messages and doing follow-up if required;
- Making photocopies, filing incoming documents, booking restaurants for team members and taking care of the stationery;
- Day-to-day execution of bank transfers and administrative tasks related to client transfers, banking access and client billing;
- He/she together with the members of his/her Fiduciary Director’s team, set up the files, creates Interaction/Primacy and physical files, organises the documentation for the compliance and legal files;
- He/she saves all documents related to clients companies electronically and physically in a proper manner and ensures that original documents are kept properly at the registered office;
- He/she collects and distributes all incoming and outgoing mails. This includes as well the preparation of courier, mails, DHL;
- He/she organises signature of documents by managers and/or external parties and for the executed version to be filed both electronically and physically;
- The Corporate Assistant assists in setting up conference calls, circulates calendar invites with dial in details, books meeting room for board meetings and ensures meeting room is set up properly with WIFI, coffee, water and lunch (if required);
- The Corporate Assistant assists the Corporate Secretarial Team with the preparation of board packs (including copying and binding);
- He/she records the time spent for his/her client in the system on a properly manner and according to MFX rules;
- Within 24 hours upon received instruction, being responsible for the payment of client invoices and transactions including the preparation and/or review of the transfers, ensuring the bank account is sufficiently credited, obtaining the necessary authorized signature(s), submitting the transfer instruction(s) to bank and filing of the executed transfer instruction;
- Understanding of bank balances of client accounts, requesting additional funding at Fiduciary Director level where there are insufficient funds to support payment requests;
- Request any SWIFT confirmation;
- Providing the clients with the monthly bank statements or any bank statement upon request;
- Processing all payments on time and accurately to ensure business and client full satisfaction;
- Ensuring all payments are recorded in the payment trackers on a timely manner.
- ICompleat - Coding, downloading invoices/invoice packs
- Acting in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with Group policies and procedures;
- Developing a continuous learning plan in conjunction with VPs and SVPs;
- Exercise professional discretion and observing client confidentiality; and
- Ad-hoc projects, including reporting, as may be required.
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- The successful candidate should have a secretarial qualification;
- At least 1 to 2 years of secretarial experience in a professional office environment; and
- Must be fluent in English but any other additional languages would be an advantage.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
MaplesFS Luxembourg S.A. 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
20 June 2021