JUNIOR CLIENT ACCOUNTANT
Position: Junior Client Accountant
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg-based Senior Client Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
Junior Client Accountants, depending on level of experience, provide assistance and independently undertake a number of routine accounting mandates as directed by Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents, and the administration of a portfolio of accounting-only clients.
The role will also involve the following tasks:
- Processing day-to-day routine accounting transactions, reconciliation with bank and broker positions within Maples accounting systems;
- Preparing management accounts and/or compiling financial statements (according to Dutch GAAP and/or IFRS standard or any other accounting principles) on time and in accordance with the agreed terms of the engagement;
- Ensuring files are compliant with MaplesFS procedures and policies;
- Ensuring all relevant MaplesFS databases are completed and maintained with accurate information in relation to assigned portfolio of clients;
- Ensuring all annual administration in respect of a client is completed in accordance with the MaplesFS policies and procedures and in a timely manner;
- Liaising with auditors during the audit planning stages and during the course of the annual financial statement audit; and
- Developing effective working relations with clients and responding promptly and professionally to client requests; and
- Through guidance and where required, preparing tax computations and submitting tax returns for the relevant tax heads incl., CIT (Corporate Income Tax) ,VAT. This would also involve liaising with relevant tax advisors for and on behalf of a client company;
Banking and Payments
- Assist in preparing and processing client payments.
- Acting in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with policies and procedures; and
- Reporting business issues to the Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents.
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Completing studies with accounting specialization (i.e. ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or any other relevant qualification;
- Up to 2 years experience and/or knowledge of Dutch corporate accounting gained in Fiduciary, Audit or any other similar business would be an advantage; and
- Dutch GAAP and/or IFRS knowledge would be considered as a plus.
- Fluent in English; and
- Dutch would be considered as an advantage
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Tower A, Level 12
1077 XX Amsterdam
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
20 June 2021