ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - RTA
Position: Assistant Vice President - RTA
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland – based Assistant Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President (“AVP”) within the Registrar Transfer Agency team reports to the Vice President (“VP) within the RTA team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: assisting the Vice President with investor services related tasks including client relationship management for a portfolio of clients. The Assistant Vice President will lead and develop a small team of both senior and junior administrators. Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting the VP with day to day management of a portfolio of clients;
- Responding to client and shareholder queries promptly, accurately and with a high degree of professionalism;
- Preparing / Reviewing bank payments accurately and on a timely basis as required
- Approving investor transactions, NAV’s and static data updates within the shareholder services systems
- Review and approval of investor AML in conjunction with the AML team, including risk classification of investors and any refreshment requirements
- Under guidance of the VP, review and approval of investor FATCA / CRS classifications as well as preparing and reviewing files for annual reporting to Cayman and Ireland authorities
- Ensuring all relevant MaplesFS databases/registers are completed and maintained with accurate information in relation to assigned portfolio of clients;
- Under guidance of the VP, liaise with investment managers, investors and other related stakeholders for issue resolution;
- Develop effective working relations with clients and colleagues and respond promptly and professionally to client requests;
- Under guidance of the VP liaising with auditors during the audit stage and deal with any issues that may arise during the course of the audit;
- Participate in client, audit, MLRO and other related third party meetings;
- Attend and participate in team huddles and weekly team meetings;
- Under guidance of the VP participate in the onboarding process of new clients including participating on client onboarding calls;
- Represent the transfer agency department at scheduled client board meetings;
- Under guidance of the VP, ensuring invoices are raised and disseminated to clients in a timely manner and in accordance with administration agreements;
- Assisting with training of Junior and Senior Administrators, within the RTA team;
- Demonstrating a commitment to acquiring new capabilities, constantly striving to improve performance;
- Proactively seeking out and taking advantage of training and development opportunities;
- Developing a continuous learning plan in conjunction with the VP;
- Acting in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with policies and procedures;
- Reporting business issues to the VP and SVP;
- Understand and speak knowledgably about the firm’s services and their value;
- Develop personal networks inside and outside the firm for the benefit of the firm;
- Delivering engagements on time, and to the clients full satisfaction;
- Being aware of the sensitivity of information and treating it appropriately;
- Demonstrating a high productivity level in work through time and cost control;
- Demonstrating capability to think broadly, considering a wide range of internal and external factors when solving problems;
- Assisting the VP with compilation of management and risk reporting data for client portfolios; and
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects, including reporting, as required.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Degree holder with 4-5 years in Financial services industry;
- Problem solving skills;
- A good team player but also being able to work independently;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Positive attitude & energy; and
- Strong technical skills.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
4 July 2021