ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT
Position: Assistant Vice President – Fiduciary
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add an Assistant Vice President – Fiduciary to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
- Managing and administering a portfolio of special purpose vehicles (SPVs);
- Participating in a variety of activities, including, asset finance, aircraft leasing, structured finance, CDOs/CLOs, note programmes, warehouses and securitisations; assisting with the client acceptance process, delivering high levels of client service and managing new and existing client relationships; reviewing transaction documents and files, ensuring that each client relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures;
- Liaising with originators, investment managers, arrangers, aircraft lessors, operators, lawyers and other relevant parties;
- Ad-hoc project work as required, with a view to serving as an SPV director following successful training and demonstration of the necessary expertise; and
- On occasion, he/she will also be involved with business development activities and representing Maples Group at industry events.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A university graduate with an excellent academic background;
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a professional services firm (a legal, accounting, audit or compliance background would be beneficial);
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications as well as the ability to use initiative and work well under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- An understanding of structured and asset finance transactions utilising SPVs, experience in reviewing transaction documents and of acting as a director to SPVs, and knowledge of corporate governance, relevant local laws and regulatory requirements would be a distinct advantage.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
6 September 2021