ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - INTERNAL AUDIT
Fund & Fiduciary Services
Position: Assistant Vice President - Internal Audit
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland-based Assistant Vice President - Internal Audit to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President of Operational Risk and Internal Audit is primarily responsible to support the internal audit team to complete audits of the business and operational divisions across the Maples Group offices as per the internal audit plans.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting with internal audit reviews from planning through to fieldwork and reporting;
- Review and development of control matrices;
- Monitoring of open audit observations; and
- Project work in relation to policies and procedures, new systems and operational risk more generally.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- The successful candidate will hold a professional graduate accountancy qualification with a minimum of 1-2 year internal audit experience gained in the financial services industry including an understanding of investment funds and structured finance;
- He/she will also be expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Have an eye for detail and have excellent organization skills.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
15 June 2021