Position: Client Accountant
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations. Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland - based Client Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
This career-shaping role is ideal for candidates who are looking for a stepping stone from practice to industry, particularly into the financial services or aircraft leasing sectors. Working on the Client Accounting Team, the successful candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of clients and be required to prepare management accounts and financial statements, ensuring all tax filings, regulatory and ad-hoc reporting is completed in accordance with regulatory and deal requirements.
The portfolio will comprise of either a variety of Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”) including CDO and CLO vehicles, note programmes, asset finance (aircraft leasing) and all types of asset-backed securitisations, or a specialisation in any of foregoing.
- Responsible for preparing annual financial statements while adhering to strict deadlines;
- Completion of monthly and quarterly management accounts for a portfolio of SPVs;
- Ensuring all tax filings, regulatory and ad-hoc reporting is completed in accordance with regulatory and deal requirements;
- Assisting the team and other service providers with other obligations as required; and
- Ongoing liaison with the company's auditors, lawyers, investment managers, other transaction parties and tax advisers.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- The successful candidate will hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), ideally gained in financial services with 1-2 years' post-qualified experience;
- Prior experience in a similar role (in a corporate administrator or lessor) would be a distinct advantage;
- However, candidates from a Big 4 background with exposure to financial services will also be strongly considered;
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, GAAP and financial and regulatory reporting requirements;
- A drive to develop expertise on the key accounting issues specific to the sector, including but not limited to; accounting for intangibles, valuation/pricing of financial assets and accounting for impairment and illiquid assets;
- Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, strong written and verbal communication skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Office; and
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines is a must.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
18 July 2021