JUNIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT
Position: Junior Fund Accountant
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland-based Junior Fund Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Junior Fund Accountant reports to Vice President and supports Fund Accounting team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: Preparing accurate and timely net asset valuations for a growing portfolio of hedge and private equity funds.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Preparing accurate and timely net asset valuations for a growing portfolio of hedge and private equity funds and performing certain share registrar and transfer agency functions, including processing investment and shareholder transactions and posting accounting entries;
- Involvement in client-related and internal administrative functions and liaison with investment managers, prime brokers and other transaction counterparties in various international jurisdictions; and
- Deliver high levels of client service in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Degree qualified with an excellent academic background;
- 0-1 year experience in accounting for investment products, ideally with single-manager hedge funds and private equity funds;
- Include a clear understanding of securities commonly encountered in the hedge fund industry, including equities, bonds, swaps, options, and futures, and the ability to account for these securities; and
- Possess strong written communication and verbal presentation skills.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
10 September 2021