SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Fund and Fiduciary Services
Position: Senior Financial Accounting
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin based Senior Financial Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Senior Financial Accountant reports to the Finance Operations Manager and supports the finance department. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: implementing and upholding accounting policies, reporting on financial performance and the preparation of statutory and regulatory submissions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing and upholding accounting policies;
- Reporting on financial performance;
- Preparation of statutory and regulatory submissions;
- Oversee completion of VAT returns;
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting;
- Provide oversight of financial cycles such as cash receipts, accounts payable (including liaising with external vendors), billings and accruals, and liaise with authorities;
- Be expected to provide operations support on an ad hoc basis; and
- Responsible for the production of both statutory and regulatory submissions.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Education: Recently qualified accountancy professional (ACA/ACCA)
- Experience: Approx. 2 years post qualification experience. Ideally gained within a “Big 4 “ environment
- Prior exposure to Central Bank regulated firms would be a bonus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to display analytical and pragmatic thinking
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and Irish company law
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
29 July 2021