SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT
Position: Senior Fund Accountant
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin-based Senior Fund Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Senior Fund Accountant supports the Fund services team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: will be responsible for the preparation of complex monthly net asset valuations for a growing portfolio of private equity and hedge funds. Primary responsibilities include:
- Involvement in all client-related administrative functions and liaising with lawyers, investment managers, prime brokers and other transaction counterparties in various international jurisdictions; and
- He/she will deliver high levels of client service, ensuring that each relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures.
What You Bring
- The successful candidate will be a graduate with an excellent academic background with at least 3 years’ relevant experience in investment fund accounting;
- A professional accounting designation would be desirable but not essential;
- Key skills required for this role include a detailed understanding of investment securities and transactions and internationally recognised accounting policies;
- Preference will also be given to candidates who have direct experience working with Advent Geneva;
- Excellent organisational skills, possess strong attention to detail and be able to manage time effectively;
- Effective problem solving skills and be able to deal with all people at different levels; and
- He/she will also be expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
15 June 2021