VICE PRESIDENT - SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - FUND ACCOUNTING
Position: Vice President – Senior Account Manager– Fund Accounting
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin-Ireland based Vice President – Senior Account Manager to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Vice President – Senior Account Manager is a varied and wide ranging role. Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the review of complex net asset valuations for a portfolio of open and closed ended funds;
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects, as required;
- Involvement in all client related administrative functions and liaising with lawyers, investment managers, prime brokers and other transaction counterparties;
- Acting in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with policies and procedures;
- High levels of client service and relationship management;
- Helping to win new clients to meet the firm’s growth, revenue and cross selling objectives; and
- Ensuring the effective management of direct reports including motivating, encouraging the organisational culture, gaining commitment, exercising leadership and effective delegation to direct reports.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Will be a graduate with an excellent academic background and have a professional accounting designation with seven years’ post-qualification relevant experience in leading a team;
- Key skills required for this role include a detailed understanding of investment securities, transactions and fund structures;
- Preference will also be given to candidates who have direct experience working with industry leading accounting software systems (including Advent Geneva and/or Investran);
- Will also be expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Experience of managing a team is essential.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
1 December 2021