Position: Finance Manager
The Maples Group Dublin law firm (Maples and Calder (Ireland) LLP) has an opportunity for a Finance Manager to join our Accounts team.
The Accounts team is a critical business support function for the law firm. The team is responsible for managing and performing all key financial processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable, working capital management, internal performance reporting and all external statutory reporting.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join and contribute to a growing, diverse, collegiate and focused team.
The Finance Manager will report directly to the Financial Controller and will assist in the supervision of the Dublin Accounts team, currently 8 team members across accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control and reporting. The main responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the month end reporting process for the partnership providing insightful commentary and analysis for monthly management reporting;
- Enhancement of the Partnership’s project management, accounting and reporting systems to increase the efficiency of the function, seeking out opportunities to increase automation and reduce the workload in the area;
- Ensuring all books and records are kept up to date on a timely basis and are an accurate reflection of the business;
- Cash flow monitoring for the partnership in consultation with the Financial Controller;
- Preparation of all externally required reports including VAT/ VIES/ RTD and other statutory returns;
- Assist in the preparation of ongoing revenue and expense forecasts;
- Preparation of annual budget alongside Financial Controller in consultation with Partner Group;
- Audit process management and point of contact for auditors;
- Maintaining excellent relationships with all internal and external stakeholders; and
- Dealing with ad hoc financial analysis requests and queries.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate's qualifications and experience should include:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA);
- At least 4-5 years PQE with knowledge/experience of the legal industry a distinct advantage;
- Strong academic background, technical accounting skills, knowledge, and experience of financial modelling;
- Exceptional MS Office skills, particularly Excel and Word;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- An ability to influence and negotiate at a senior management level;
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing and motivating a team; and
- The candidate must be eligible to work within the Republic of Ireland.
75 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, D02 PR50
ABOUT MAPLES GROUP
The Maples Group is a leading international law firm offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services from its offices in Dublin, London, the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands, Hong Kong, Jersey, Luxembourg and Shanghai. The Maples Group is also an independent provider of fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services. The Maples Group distinguishes itself with an enterprising and client-focused approach, providing solutions tailored to our client specific needs. The global network of lawyers and industry professionals are strategically located in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to ensure that clients gain immediate access to expert advice and bespoke support, within convenient time zones.