SENIOR MARKETING & BD EXECUTIVE
Position: Senior Marketing & BD Executive
Maples and Calder (Ireland) LLP, the law firm of the Maples Group is seeking an ambitious Senior Marketing and Business Development Executive. The successful candidate will work alongside senior stakeholders across the business and with other local, regional and global members of the marketing team and will report into the Senior Marketing Manager. This role is ideally suitable for an individual who has c. 5 – 7 years' experience in a similar B2B or professional services marketing role.
The Senior Marketing and BD Executive will report into the Senior Marketing Manager and provide comprehensive marketing and BD support to specific practice groups.
The successful candidate must have the ability to influence senior stakeholders, and ideally have experience working in a professional services partnership structure. They should be able to understand the strategic business drivers for the firm / practice group, and work with the Senior Marketing Manager to identify market opportunities to profile the partners and the brand, and to evaluate and quantify these opportunities.
This role will support one-to-one business development initiatives, and client relationship management to their specific practice group by tracking and managing the practice group's business development activity calendar, and ensuring that all contact is appropriately captured on CRM.
This is a senior executive role and day-to-day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the practice group and PG leaders to identify marketing objectives and develop a plan of activity to meet and exceed these goals within the set budget parameters
- Preparing and managing marketing plans and budgets
- Proactively deliver on the planned campaigns, supporting BD / marketing trips and managing marketing spend
- Developing engaging content for marketing campaigns, collateral, websites, social media and other marketing initiatives as required
- Through the line campaign management on each initiative, working with the broader marketing team members as required, so as to deliver end-to-end project management including all elements of the marketing mix, including event management experience, when face to face events resume
- Managing corporate associations and ensuring lawyer engagement at key events. Building on these relationships to maximise branding opportunities by clearly communicating the value and rationale of various active or proposed strategies and initiatives
- Take an active role in developing knowledge around client issues and our services
- Liaising with global marketing colleagues to identify cross-selling initiatives, to share best practice and to ensure that there is consistency and coordination of all business development and marketing efforts
- Business Development support including market and competitor research, targeting activities and post-event reporting
- CRM database management and tracking
- Working with the Senior Communications Executive on directory and award submissions
- Engaging in all relevant internal business development meetings
- Carrying out any other duties which may from time to time be required, and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & APPROACH
The successful applicant will have the ability to engage credibly with senior partners and have the enthusiasm and initiative to deliver impactful campaigns and events. They will also be able to listen, influence and provide strategic and operational direction. They will be an excellent communicator with exceptional organisational and team player skills. A high degree of competency and the ability to handle a challenging and varied workload is essential. The individual's skills and experience will include:
- A qualification in Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred, but candidates with experience of working in a similar role will also be considered
- Over 5 years' experience in a marketing / business development role (preferably in a partnership or professional services) with knowledge of the financial services / legal industry
- Strong event management and sponsorship activation experience
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to understand and respond to the needs of internal stakeholders
- A team player with the ability to build relationships within the marketing team both locally and globally, and across partners and staff at all levels across the firm
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience with InterAction or other CRM systems, and how to maximise the data value, as well as being highly proficient in MS applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent project, organisational and time management skills.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
75 St. Stephen's Green Dublin 2 D02 PR50 Ireland
We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
15 July 2021