SENIOR PR & COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
Position: Senior PR & Communications Executive
Maples and Calder (Ireland) LLP, Maples Group's law firm is seeking an ambitious Senior PR & Communications Executive. The successful candidate will work alongside senior stakeholders across the business and with other local, regional and global members of the marketing team and will report into the Senior Marketing Manager. This role is ideally suitable for an individual who has c. 5 – 7 years' experience in a similar B2B or professional services marketing role.
The Senior PR & Communications Executive will report into the Senior Marketing Manager and provide comprehensive communications support to specific practice groups.
The successful candidate must have the ability to influence senior stakeholders, and ideally have experience working in a professional services partnership structure. They should be able to understand the strategic business drivers for the firm / practice group, and work with the Senior Marketing Manager to identify PR opportunities for the firm, develop and draft press releases, answer media enquiries, craft advertising and social media copy in line with brand and communications guidelines to profile the partners and the brand, and to evaluate and quantify these opportunities.
This is a senior executive role and day-to-day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with partners to project the firm’s vision, and to raise the profile of the firm and key individuals in relevant practice areas, in particular reflecting new investments (e.g. lateral partners, new areas of practice or offices) and emerging sector priorities and growth opportunities
- Working with the practice group and its leaders to identify objectives and develop external communication strategies and plans to meet and exceed these goals within the set budget parameters
- Working with senior members of the marketing teams to prepare PR and Communications plans and budgets
- Working with the Senior Marketing Manager and the Managing Partner on key messages, both internal and external
- Engaging and actively managing the relationship with our PR agency
- Monitor and regularly report the results of PR activity and adjust targets and approach as required
- Build and develop good working relationships with key business and legal journalists
- Working collaboratively with members of the Global PR and Communications team to agree positioning, scheduling and messaging on key campaigns
- Manage and maintain social media channels in the region in collaboration with the global social media committee
- Work as part of the global editorial review committee to maintain compliance with house style standards
- Developing engaging content for marketing campaigns, collateral, websites, social media and other marketing initiatives as required
- Take an active role in developing knowledge around client issues and our services
- Working with partners on directory and award submissions
- Engaging in all relevant internal communications meetings
- Carrying out any other duties which may from time to time be required, and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & APPROACH
The successful applicant will have the ability to engage credibly with senior partners and have the enthusiasm and initiative to deliver impactful campaigns. They will also be able to listen, influence and provide strategic and operational direction. They will be an excellent communicator with exceptional organisational and team player skills. A high degree of competency and the ability to handle a challenging and varied workload is essential. The individual's skills and experience will include:
- A qualification in PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred, but candidates with experience of working in a similar role will also be considered
- Over 5 years' experience in a marketing / business development role (preferably in a partnership or professional services) with knowledge of the financial services / legal industry
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to understand and respond to the needs of internal stakeholders
- A team player with the ability to build relationships within the marketing team both locally and globally, and across partners and staff at all levels across the firm
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience with InterAction or other CRM systems, as well as being highly proficient in MS applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent project, organisational and time management skills.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
75 St. Stephen's Green Dublin 2 D02 PR50 Ireland
We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
15 July 2021