Fund & Fiduciary Services
Position: Compliance Officer
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Jersey-based Compliance Officer to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The CO reports into and supports the Regional Head of Compliance (“RHOC”). Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: providing advice, assistance and guidance for all regulatory Compliance related business activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Exercising responsibility for the Jersey compliance program designed to comply with and detect violations of local and applicable compliance related legislation including anti-money laundering/countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) regulations and legislation;
- He/she will ensure that appropriate compliance, including AML/CFT standards, practices and internal controls are adopted, published and explained whilst ensuring that effective systems exist for communicating compliance program standards and providing guidance; and
- Oversight of the client take on process, delivering the ongoing compliance monitoring program including client reviews, checks against international watch / sanctions lists, and assisting with the preparation/delivery of training for staff.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to deal with all levels of staff;
- He/she will possess strong attention to detail and be able to manage time effectively;
- Knowledge of Jersey Trust Company anti-money laundering regulations and legislation is required; and
- The successful candidate will ideally possess a recognised compliance qualification (International Compliance Association Certificate or preferably Diploma level) and/or have at least three years’ previous experience in a similar role.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
2nd Floor Sir Walter Raleigh House 48-50 Esplanade St Helier JE2 3QB Jersey
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
6 September 2021