Fund and Fiduciary Services
Company: Maples Group
Position: Vendor Manager
Reports to: Group General Counsel
Key relationships: Vendor Manager (IT), Office of General Counsel, Group Risk & Compliance
About the Maples Group
The Maples Group is a leading financial services provider offering specialised legal, fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management services. Our global network of lawyers and industry professionals covers the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and consists of over 2,000 professionals across 16 offices throughout the world. We have over 50 years’ experience advising our clients, which include global financial institutions, funds, private equity houses, corporates and private clients.
You can learn more about the Maples Group on our corporate website.
We are seeking to further develop our capability to manage vendor contracts (excluding IT).
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Vendor Manager is a group-wide function, reporting to our Group General Counsel, with support from the Office of General Counsel and our wider Group Risk & Compliance team.
The key objectives of the role are:
- Effective development and implementation of the Maples Group vendor management program;
- Securing the best possible outcomes from our relationships with vendors and suppliers; and
- Mitigating and managing third party supply chain risk.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the business units (excluding IT) and support divisions adhere to the Maples Group Vendor Management Policy;
- Working with vendors to negotiate contracts for goods, services, supplies, equipment, etc.,;
- Ensuring quality, cost-effectiveness, adherence to Maples Group Vendor Management policy, applicable regulatory compliance and timely delivery;
- Liaising with the business to ensure agreed terms are captured and advising the business on changes;
- Assisting the business with the vendor lifecycle as needed to ensure maximum value and realisation of the expected business benefits and financial returns;
- Supporting the business and support functions in settling supplier problems such as payment issues / poor service;
- Collaborating with the Office of General Counsel and Group Risk & Compliance in accordance with the Vendor Risk Management Policy;
- Ensuring adherence to any caveats set out in Vendor Risk Acceptance Memos;
- Onboarding new vendors into a centralised database (excluding IT assets);
- Establishing and managing an ongoing due diligence process in order to monitor vendor changes that may impact the vendors' risk profiles;
- Managing the process of contract terminations, expirations, extensions and renewals; and
- Developing robust reporting.
What You Bring
In addition to high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate will bring:
- A business degree or equivalent years of related vendor management work experience;
- Experience in project management, strategic planning and contract negotiation;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Advanced MS Office skills; and
- Experience with a vendor management and/or contract management software platform.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
14 King Street Leeds West Yorkshire LS1 2HL England
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing, offering a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programs
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at maples.com/privacy for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
17 July 2021