CREDIT CONTROLLER - MATERNITY COVER
Position: Credit Controller - Maternity Cover
We are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join the Leeds Collections team to provide maternity cover for a 12 month period. This role will be based in the firm's Leeds office and will focus on maximising client turnover and minimise bad debts. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in providing high level support to the Collections team whilst working within a fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of the assigned ledger
- Understanding how KPI's are set and how best to achieve them
- Building relationships with partners and fee earners to ensure the collection policy is adhered to and escalate any problem clients, fee earners or debts to the management team
- To be able to correctly identify clients that default on payment terms and to liaise with the lawyers/partners on the most appropriate course of action to take, taking into account the profile of the client
- Maintaining detailed and accurate notes regarding debtors on the firms internal system and ensuring the team leader is equipped with the relevant data on the Credit Controller's assigned ledger
- Have a good understanding of the client and the nature of their business
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Strong communicator together with effective negotiation skills both with clients and the lawyers/partners
- Able to interact positively at all levels within a law firm and be a team player
- Confident using MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Maintain a strong attention to detail and the ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to follow instructions
- Deliver a 'can do' and proactive approach at all times
- Flexible and prepared to work additional hours at month, quarter and year ends to assist the Revenue team with month end processes
About the Maples Group
The Maples Group is a leading service provider offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg, and is an independent provider of legal services, fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services. The Maples Group distinguishes itself with a client-focused approach, providing solutions tailored to their specific needs. Its global network of lawyers and industry professionals are strategically located in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to ensure that clients gain immediate access to expert advice and bespoke support, within convenient time zones.
14 King Street Leeds West Yorkshire LS1 2HL England
We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SCREENING
Please note that it is Maples’ standard policy to undertake various background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. Maples will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Maples will make all job offer decisions on a case by case basis and will take a number of factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence.
For an explanation of how we handle your personal data submitted for positions with one of our European entities, please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
30 August 2021