BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Fund & Fiduciary Services
Position: Business Development Executive
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a London-based Business Development Executive to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Business Development Executive reports to the Regional Senior Business Development Manager with indirect reporting lines to the members of the MaplesFS Executive Management Committee and supports Marketing team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: providing business development and client relationship management (CRM) support and delivering market research/ business intelligence projects for Fund Services in Europe and Middle East in line with the firm's business goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conducting strategic business development research and analysis including targeted market research, trends identification and database analysis including leveraging cross-selling opportunities;
- Advising senior professionals on business development best practice and engaging in relevant internal business development meetings to drive subsequent actions;
- Supporting and helping to drive internal and external marketing campaigns for the Fund Services Group in Europe and Middle East with a strong focus on cross-selling; tracking and reporting results to senior members;
- Liaising with marketing representatives across the Maples group to identify cross-selling initiatives, to share best practice and to ensure that there is consistency and coordination of all business development and marketing efforts;
- Maintaining repository for client pitches and RFP's. Drafting of pitch proposals/RFPs for new business opportunities;
- Coordinating marketing trips and participation at conferences, seminars and events;
- Preparing and managing marketing plans and budgets;
- Conducting ongoing reviews and reports of budgets and analysing marketing spend to measure results/ROI; and
- Carrying out any other duties which may from time to time be required.
Training and Development
- Consistently demonstrating an expert understanding of targeting and lead generation with the ability to recommend both strategic and tactical initiatives in line with the company's business strategy;
- Demonstrating a commitment to acquiring new capabilities, constantly striving to improve performance; and
- Proactively seeking out and taking advantage of training and development opportunities.
- Identify and monitoring trends in the financial services industry and translate into business development opportunities;
- Ability to think and act strategically and operationally with minimal direction;
- Consistently producing high volumes of work whilst maintaining a proficient performance on the job;
- Being able to generate original ideas, finding more efficient/effective ways of doing jobs and make useful suggestions for improvements; and
- Effectively planning and organising work, showing an ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times;
- Providing support on ad-hoc projects as required.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- a minimum of 4+ years' experience in marketing, sales operations, or related field with knowledge of the financial services industry;
- must have experience with CRM systems as well as being highly proficient in MS applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or a related field is required;
- must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of senior management and staff;
- must possess excellent project and time management skills and be highly organised and detail-focused with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong analytical skills measure, and monitor the results of campaigns and programs;
- Comfortable following and reinforcing policies and procedures;
- Self-motivated and tremendous can-do attitude;
- Self-starting and proactive approach with a team player attitude;
- Possess the Initiative to work independently in a self-directed environment.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice which is available here.
200 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HD, England
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
15 July 2021