CORPORATE ASSISTANT - COMPANY SECRETARIAL - (MATERNITY COVER)
Position: Corporate Assistant – Company Secretarial – (Maternity Cover)
Location: London, England
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a London based, Corporate Assistant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Corporate Assistant reports to the Vice President and supports the wider Company Secretarial Team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: To ensure the continued service of the existing book of clients as well as onboarding new ones.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for onboarding clients and KYC;
- Filing incorporation documents for UK companies, LLP’s and LP’s as well as filing other statutory requirements for UK entities;
- Ensuring the maintenance of the statutory records of the UK entities;
- Drafting minutes and resolutions;
- Organising mail, sending registered letters;
- Coordinating third party legal and notary services;
- Communicating with Companies House and HMRC; and
- General administrative duties including but not limited to: Processing client mail, data entry of client files, including one off and annual fees.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- At least 1-2 years previous experience in a secretarial or administrative environment;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with Companies House filings and prior use of incorporation software;
- Great attention to detail, professionalism and excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people from all levels of the business; and
- Ability to use their own initiative and work well under pressure to meet deadlines, while remaining flexible in their duties.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice which is available here.
200 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HD, England
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
13 September 2021