Position :Corporate Assistant
The Maples Group is a standard-bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg-based Corporate Assistant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Corporate Assistant, reports directly to the Supervisor of her/his Fiduciary Director’s team and indirectly to the Supervisor of the Fiduciary Directors’ Department and/or the Head of Fiduciary Services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Corporate assistant’s primary focus is the good corporate administration needed during the life cycle of a company from incorporation to liquidation. As such, the Corporate Assistant is responsible for undertaking all administrative and secretarial tasks related to the day-to-day management of the client companies. This includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinating the printing, the execution, the scanning and the proper filing (electronically and physically) of any document;
- together with the Director Vice-President, the Director Assistant Vice-President and the Corporate Administrator, setting up the files, organising the documentation for the compliance file and legal files;
- collecting and dispatching incoming and outgoing mails (documents, mails, faxes, DHL…) to the relevant persons of his/her Fiduciary Director’s team;
- preparing correspondence for clients by drafting letter(s), putting /them in correct and professional standing;
- taking up phone calls in case of absence/occupation of the relevant persons of his/her Fiduciary Director’s team, taking messages and doing follow-up if required;
- making photocopies, filing incoming documents, booking restaurants for team members and taking care of the stationery;
- The Corporate Assistant takes care of the appropriate maintenance and update of any MFX internal database;
- He/she together with the members of his/her Fiduciary Director’s team, set up the files, creates Interaction/Primacy and physical files, organises the documentation for the compliance and legal files; and
- He/she saves all documents related to clients companies electronically and physically in a proper manner and ensures that original documents are kept properly at the registered office.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Demonstrate a strong ability to complete tasks in accordance with guidelines/instructions;
- Be proficient in all MSOffice and Microsoft applications;
- Must be able to work on his/her own initiative as well as part of a team;
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral and be able to deal with different people at different levels within the organisation and outside the organisation (i.e. clients);
- At least 1 to 2 years of secretarial experience in a professional office environment
- Fluent in English but any other additional languages being an advantage.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
MaplesFS Luxembourg S.A. 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
25 December 2021