JUNIOR ADMINISTRATOR - TRANSFER AGENCY/INVESTOR SERVICES - FUND ADMINISTRATION
Position: Junior Administrator – Transfer Agency/Investor Services – Fund Administration
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg based, Junior Administrator to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Junior Administrator reports to the Vice President and the Regional Head of Fund Services and supports with the Fund Administration team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: Providing transfer agency administrative duties to a portfolio of alternative funds including Hedge and Private Equity funds.
Primary responsibilities include:
- A-Z processing of investor transactions (subscriptions, capital calls, redemptions, distributions, etc.), as well as distributing contract notes and various related statements to investors;
- Assisting with the on-boarding process for new clients;
- Carrying out customer due diligence on investors and obtaining/reviewing FATCA and CRS documentation;
- Developing effective working relationships with clients and co-workers;
- Preparing distribution payments including input of wires in banking systems and sourcing of all required supporting documentation;
- Dealing with general transfer agency administrative tasks and liaising with other departments as require; and
- Understanding and speaking knowledgeably about the firm’s services and their value.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or Business Administration;
- 0-2 years of experience in registrar and transfer agency/Investor Services;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications;
- Must possess excellent project and time management skills and be highly organised and detail-focused with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to display analytical and pragmatic thinking;
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work; and
- Fluent in English. Any other European languages would be considered as an advantage.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
MaplesFS Luxembourg S.A. 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
6 September 2021