VICE PRESIDENT - STRUCTURED FINANCE
Position: Vice President – Structured Finance
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg based, Vice President of Structured Finance to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The VP of Structured Finance reports to the Senior Vice President within the Structured Finance department and supports with the Structured Finance team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: Supporting and administering the portfolios of Structure Finance clients by supplying a high volume of new transactions, whether fiduciary or administrative in nature.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Being the assigned administrator of a portfolio of Structured Finance clients;
- Liaising with arrangers, investment managers, lawyers and other relevant parties concerning the setting up of new business as well as acting as a point of contact for ongoing issue resolution, escalating to SVP if necessary;
- Ensuring that clients meet Luxembourg Business Acceptance Committee (LBAC) Procedures and Business Acceptance Committee (BAC) Procedures;
- Ensuring the effective management of direct reports including motivating, encouraging the office culture, gaining commitment, exercising leadership and effective delegation of direct reports;
- Developing effective working relations with the assigned portfolio of clients and responding promptly and professionally to the client requests;
- Acting in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that invoices and disbursements are raised and disseminated to the clients in a timely manner and in accordance with administration agreements;
- Anticipating client needs well beyond current projects/engagements;
- Supporting the SVP in ensuring that the clients comply with regulatory requirements, i.e. CSSF reporting, BCL, filing of the annual accounts, tax compliance or other applicable regulations;
- Maintaining active contact with a targeted network in order to create market opportunities by helping to win new clients to meet the firm’s growth, revenue and cross-selling objectives; and
- Ensuring that all administration in respect of a client is completed in accordance with the MaplesFS policies and procedures and in a timely manner.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Education: Professional qualification i.e. ACA/ACCA/CIMA or any other relevant qualification;
- Experience: At least 10 years of experience ideally gained in financial services, audit or any other similar business with a strong knowledge of structured finance transactions, Luxembourg governance and relevant Luxembourg laws;
- Strong leadership and communication skills and experience;
- Must possess excellent project and time management skills and be highly organised and detail-focused with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to display analytical and pragmatic thinking;
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work; and
- German speaking considered a bonus but not essential.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
MaplesFS Luxembourg S.A. 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
6 September 2021