The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg-based Senior Client Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
The Payments Coordinator, under the supervision of a Vice President, will form part of a dedicated accounting team and have responsibility for processing client payments to ensure they are successfully executed, resolving any issues should they arise.
The role will also involve the following tasks:
- Transfer Process and Banking access:
- Within 24 hours upon received instruction, being responsible for the preparation of the payment/payment request, ensuring the bank account is sufficiently credited, obtaining the necessary authorized signature(s), and filing of the executed transfer instruction;
- Understanding of bank balances of client accounts, requesting additional funding at Senior Client Accountant/Vice President level where there are insufficient funds to support payment requests;
- Request any SWIFT confirmation;
- Checking the related transfer has been debited from the bank accounts (swift, multiline, bank statements…) , ensuring that all payment instructions have been successfully executed;
- Providing the clients with the daily, monthly bank statements or any bank statement upon request.
- Processing all payments on time and accurately, to meet business full satisfaction; and
- Ensuring all payments are recorded in the payment trackers on a timely manner.
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Several years of experience ideally gained in financial services; Trust/Fiduciary, Treasury, Payments, Banks, Audit or any other similar business;
- Strong communication skills are required for the role, as it will involve maintaining professional relationships with all client bank account providers. He/she will also be responsible for all online banking applications for both Maples staff and clients where requested; and
- The role requires someone with a strong attention to detail, who will be expected to maintain a detailed weekly log of all payments processed. He/she will be expected to carry out administrative tasks in the office, such as faxing, scanning, filing and other routine tasks
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
MaplesFS Luxembourg S.A. 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
18 June 2021