Position: Accounts Assistant
This is an exciting training opportunity for an ambitious, highly-organised and sharp professional to take the next step in their career by joining a team of experienced legal professionals as an Accounts Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of Bills / Invoices to clients on behalf of the fee-earners. (Reviewing WIP with fee earners, preparing prebills, ensuring correct fees and disbursements).
- Writing off of time and disbursements where not recoverable.
- WIP and AR management
- Client retainer management
- Ensuring VAT is correctly applied
- Assisting with cash receipt queries
- Client Ledger control; integrity of data
- Responding to fee-earners requests within a tight framework
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 4 years of accounting work experience. Experience with a legal or professional service company required.
- High degree of computer literary – Word and Excel.
- Experience of Windows based Accounting packages essential.
- Experience with Aderant/ADEX package ideally desired.
Level 14, Burj Daman, Dubai International Financial Centre
We offer a supportive environment, structured on a team basis. Benefits include paid vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and pension plan.