Luxembourg Update: CSSF's Weekly IFM Questionnaire
11 May 2020
The objective of the Questionnaire is to enable the CSSF to obtain financial data (total net assets, subscriptions and redemptions) and information on governance arrangements in respect of the activities performed by IFMs in light of the circumstances and risks to which IFMs (and, presumably, the funds that they manage) are exposed as a result of the ongoing global health crisis.
Each of the IFM types listed below must complete the Questionnaire, provided that they manage at least one Luxembourg UCITS, regulated or unregulated AIF and / or any other UCI, which does not qualify as an AIF. IFMs that do not yet manage such investment vehicles are not obliged to complete and submit the Questionnaire.
2. Luxembourg AIFMs authorised under the 2013 Law only;
3. Luxembourg self-managed investment companies that have not designated a management company within the meaning of Article 27 of the 2010 Law;
4. Luxembourg internally managed alternative investment funds within the meaning of point (b) of Article 4(1) of the 2013 Law;
5. Luxembourg branches of UCITS management companies or AIFMs established in an EU country other than Luxembourg;
6. UCITS management companies established in an EU country other than Luxembourg;
7. Authorised AIFMs established in an EU country other than Luxembourg; and
8. Non-EU AIFMs.
(c) Any other Luxembourg UCI that have not designated a UCITS management company or that are not managed by an AIFM;
(d) IFMs that act as delegated portfolio manager of an UCITS, AIF or a UCI; and
(e) The activities of discretionary portfolio management provided by IFMs.
- Financial Data all IFMs;
- Financial Data LU IFMs;
- BCP; and
- Cyber Resilience.
Submission Procedures and Deadline
The Questionnaire must be completed and submitted each week by Wednesday close of business until further notice.
If you would like further information, please liaise with your usual Maples Group contact or either of the contacts listed below.
Managing Partner Luxembourg
T: +352 28 55 12 44
T: +352 28 55 12 47